Last month, we collaborated with some of our favorite local small businesses and pup brands. We did an epic 6th birthday celebration and did a virtual 6 DAYS OF GIVEAWAYS on our Instagram and it was so awesome to see what can be accomplished when we all band together and support one another. Truly, a "power in numbers" kind of a moment.
Seeing the strength of this left me super inspired... so I thought, hey, why not share it with you?! Hopefully our blog posts thus far have been a great resource for you whether finding a cute recipe to make for your dog or finding a great tip on leash training at home. As we bring more content to you, a big goal for us is to build community and highlight other small businesses who we love and support. Hopefully, this provides our pup community of an example of fostering community over competition. And plus, it's just fun to share how cool our community partners are! So here we go, a breakdown of our Community Partners and our Pup Scouts Favs!
Side note - because you and I are friends - I tried to make it easier and separated these businesses into categories. That way, you can refer back to this list if you need something for your pup and are like "hmmm... where should I shop" or if you have some pay day money to splurg with and you wanna treat yo self, you can use this guide as inspo! Hope that helps! (My mind thinks in lists, so it was way easier keep things organized like this... and I'm sure I'm not the only list-lover out there #canyourelate.)
PUP FOOD + SUPPLIES
1. NATURE'S SELECT PET FOOD - Nature's Select Pet Food has been in business since 1994, so they definitely know what's up when it comes to food for your pup! (Fun Fact: Our treat bag "business cards" that our Pack Leaders hand out if they meet someone on a pack walk are full of Nature's Select Treats... yup! That's how much we love them!)
OUR PUP SCOUTS FAV has got to be their Select Classic Nutrition Recipe. Not only is it their top selling product, but it can also be fed to all breeds and dogs of all life stages. We love the versatility in this recipe as it helps take the guess work out of the question "is this the right food choice for my pup?".
2. DOOGIE WALK BAGS - I don't know why, but I think it's so cool that Doggie Walk Bags is based in Costa Mesa. I see poop bag products all the time saying "Made in the US" but for a product pup parents use so often to be based right in our own backyard... super cool! They definitely take doggie bag supplies to a new level and offer a wide variety of products on their site.
OUR PUP SCOUTS FAV is definitely their Mounted Butler Dog Waste Bag Dispenser. Since Doggie Walk Bags offers park dispenser supplies, they translated this into an at-home version that is totally unique and I haven't seen another brand that has this. It's like having a dog park dispenser station at home!
3. HALA'S PAWS - With two locations in Orange County, Hala's Paws has a beautiful variety of products and has even hosted events like Doggy Yoga, an Ice Cream Social, Doggy Birthday Parties and Animal Spirituality Classes. They make it super easy to shop for your pup during the pandemic, offering in-person, online and curbside pickup.
OUR PUP SCOUTS FAV is their Hala's Paws Brand products. They have unique collars, leashes, bow ties, flowers, bandanas and harnesses that Hala's mom herself has been making since 2013. They have a ton of different prints and even seasonal offerings - it's almost like having an Etsy shop available inside a pet products store!
4. PET WANTS SOUTH COUNTY - While there are multiple locations of Pet Wants across Orange County, the South County location, owned by Kristine and Kevin Ford is unique in many ways. You're likely to see their "Pet Food Truck" at Ladera Ranch Farmers Market or a local event in the area. Not only do they operate in a mobile capacity, but they also have a showroom, where you can shop all of the items they have to offer.
OUR PUP SCOUTS FAV is their showroom location. Once you set up an account with them, you get a scanner and it's almost like you're adding to a wedding registry but for your pup. You can go around their showroom, scan what you need, then their team packages everything together and brings it out to you! So cool, right?!
5. SKOUT'S HONOR - Staying true to its California roots, Skout's Honor is a pet supply company specializing in grooming, household and cleaning products that are all manufactured under the California Green Chemistry initiative. This means, their products are all non-toxic, biodegradable, eco-friendly and free of harsh chemicals. Using their products is sure to keep your pets and family in a clean at-home environment and with the pandemic, stocking up on those cleaning products is a must!
OUR PUP SCOUTS FAV is their Honor Society Shop that features a collection of products that give back to animals in need. Currently, they have patches, pins and apparel that all give meals to rescue pets when purchased. While their pet and home products are amazing, a company that also focuses on giving back to animals in need deserves a gold medal in our book.
6. PET WANTS OC SOUTH - We featured Pet Wants OC South in a previous blog post, so if you're looking to learn more, check out a more in-depth feature of them HERE. I absolutely adore Shannon, who is the owner of this Pet Wants location. She offers a more traditional pet supply in-store experience and has literally everything you need for your pup.
OUR PUP SCOUTS FAV is their Pet Wants Calming Balm. I have a high energy Aussie at home that has dealt with tummy issues his whole life. I have been using this on him for a few months now and have definitely seen an improvement of his anxiety which then triggers him to throw up. It smells so good, I even use it on myself sometimes!
7. WILD N FRESH TREATS - Wild n Fresh Treats specializes in dehydrated single-ingredient treats and chews that are made at a low-temperature with no preservatives. Think of maintaining nutrients by cold pressing juice - that philosophy but for dog treats. They are sourced and handcrafted in the US and best of all, their company is based in Fullerton... so yes, super local as well!
OUR PUP SCOUTS FAV is the fact that they stick to simplicity. Single ingredient, super natural, dehydrated treats. It's almost the most raw and pure form of a product that your pup can get. They do offer some pretty interesting items including pig ears, rabbits feet, etc... so these aren't your average froo-froo cute pup treats. While some pup parents may feel weird feeding this to their pup... dogs totally love them!
8. FURLY'S PET SUPPLY - What I like to call the Costco of Pet Supply stores, Furly's Pet Supply has a huge variety of everything you need for your pup. I mean... literally everything! Local to Lake Forest, if you're interested in trying out different brands for your pup, Furly's has got you covered! From feeding, cleaning, toys and more, you can shop online and in-store.
OUR PUP SCOUTS FAV is their new frozen raw product offerings. I've personally been researching a lot about raw feeding options for my pups who both struggle to keep on weight and lose weight lately, and to see the different brands they have available is really helpful to know what's out there.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
1. ORANGETHEORY ORANGE COUNTY - If you live in OC, I'm sure you've see